Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited
| Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
|Founded||Mumbai, India (1977)|
|Key people||Gracias Saldanha |
Mrs. B. E. Saldanha
|Subsidiaries||• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (Australia) Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia
• Glenmark Farmaceutica Ltda, City of Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Medicamenta a.s, Prague, Czech Republic
• Glenmark Dominicana S. A., Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (Nigeria) Ltd, Lagos, Nigeria
• Glenmark Philippines Inc, Metro Manila, Philippines
• Glenmark Impex L.L.C, Moscow, Russia
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals South Africa (pty), Johannesburg, South Africa
• Glenmark Holding S. A., La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
• Servycal SA, Olivos, Argentina
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (Europe) Ltd., London, UK
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., New Jersey, USA
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a research-driven, global, fully integrated pharmaceutical company headquartered at Mumbai, India. It employs over 5000 people across its global operations and its shares are listed on India’s two large stock exchanges, the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
The Company is a leader in India in the discovery of new molecules and is focused in the areas of inflammation [Asthma/COPD, etc] and metabolic disorders [Diabetes, Obesity, etc]. The Company has generic formulation and API business interests in over 80 countries across the world including the regulated markets of USA and Europe. The formulation business spans several product segments such as Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology, ENT, Diabetes and Oncology.
Glenmark aspires to build end to end integration, scale and capabilities in pursuing its generic business, and end to end global capabilities similar to a Big Pharma Company on the Specialty/ Branded Generics side. Glenmark’s branded generics business is spread over 85 countries currently organised around four business units, namely: India, Latin America, Semi-Regulated Markets and Europe. The Company also plans to build its presence in USA.
Glenmark aims to be a global leader in Generics and API. The Company currently has operations in Argentina, Europe, India and USA over 50 countries in the API domain. Future plans of the Company include strengthening its generics business in the US and EU markets, build presence in Japan, South Africa and other generic markets and emerge as a preferred supplier of APIs. Currently, Glenmark markets over 45 APIs to more than 50 countries across the world.
To emerge as a leading research-based, global, integrated pharmaceutical company.
Research & Development'
Glenmark is among the few Indian pharmaceutical players targeting new drug discovery and biologics research. Glenmark has a strong pipeline of 11 research programs. The NCE pipeline comprises three molecules in Phase II and three in preclinical stages and the Company has further five NBEs in different stages of development.
2004 - Signed a deal worth USD 190 Mn with Forest Laboratories for developing and marketing Oglemilast, Glenmark’s lead molecule for Asthma/ COPD, for the North American region
2004 - Signed a deal worth USD 53 Mn with Teijin Pharma Ltd. for developing and marketing Oglemilast for the Japanese territory
2005 - Signed a deal worth USD 240 Mn with Merck KGaA for developing and marketing GRC 8200, Glenmark’s lead molecule for treatment of type 2 diabetes for US, Europe and Japan
2005 - Signed a deal with Napo Pharmaceuticals for developing and marketing Crofelemer, Napo’s lead candidate for treatment of diarrhoea, for over 140 countries
2007 - Signed a deal with Dyax Corporation for performing funded biologics research for three of Glenmark’s targets in the areas of inflammation and oncology
2007 - Signed a deal worth USD 350 Mn with Eli Lilly for developing and marketing GRC 6211, Glenmark’s lead molecule for treatment of pain conditions, for NA, Europe and Japan.
• Emerging Company of the Year’, The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence (October, 2007)
• Outlook Money-NDTV Profit Award 2006-07, in the category: Best Value Creator
• Seventh Pharma Excellence Award for the category “Excellence in Research & Development” (May 25, 2007)
• Chemtech Award (February 2007)
• The Pharma Excellence Award for ‘Excellence in R&D Innovation’ by Express Pharma (2006)
• Excellence in Industry instituted by Christian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2006)
• The ‘Star Company in the SME Sector’ [SME - small & medium enterprises] by Business Standard (BS) Awards of the Year (2006)
• 4th Express Pharma Pulse Awards in the category of Overall Performance [Group C] (May 23, 2004)
Glenmark announced reorganization of its business into Specialty and Generics, to build scale and end to end capabilities in both businesses
Glenmark signs a deal worth USD 350 Mn with Eli Lilly for developing and marketing GRC 6211, Glenmark’s lead molecule for treatment of pain conditions, for NA, Europe and Japan
Glenmark was awarded its first 180 days of shared generic drug exclusivity for Trileptal by U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals South Africa signed a 10 year marketing and distribution rights agreement with MeyerZall Laboratories. With this, Glenmark has the widest topical dermatology baskets in South Africa
USFDA approves additional Phase II study in COPD for Oglemilast (GRC 3886), Glenmark’s lead PDE4 inhibitor molecule (October 2007)
Glenmark market capital crossed the Rs10000 crore (US$2.52bn) mark - brings Glenmark in the league of the top five pharmaceutical companies in India
Glenmark received GMP approval from MHRA of UK for its state of the art semi-solids (ointments & creams) manufacturing plant at Baddi
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals S.A., the Swiss subsidiary of GPL completed the purchase of two New Biological Entities (NBE’s), humanized monoclonal therapeutic antibodies, CHR-1103 and CHR-1201 from Chromos, Canada
Glenmark concludes deal to acquire Medicamenta a.s., a pharmaceutical marketing and manufacturing company in the Czech Republic
Dyax Corp. and Glenmark entered into a funded research agreement for the discovery of therapeutic antibodies