25-03 – 28-03-2019
Almost every material used in solid form (from food to pharmaceuticals, from minerals to detergents, from polymers to paper, from raw materials and commodities to highly formulated specialties) is dried during production. Drying technology is a continuously developing field with various challenges referring to process design, development, operation and automation, to equipment selection, development and use, as well as to the preservation of even creation of desired product properties.
- Fundamentals of drying technology
- Properties of wet air, capacity of convective dryers
- Moisture measurement
- Drying kinetics of single particles or droplets
- Major drying processes: Equipment, dryer design, scale up
- Special drying processes and their application
- Laboratory work (guided exercises and demonstrations)
- Tutorials (guided practical computation and simulation)
The course is aimed at engineers, pharmacists, chemists and food technologists who need to understand the fundamentals of modern drying technology and apply them to produce better solid / particulate products with more efficient drying processes. The course language is English.
GVT - Forschungs-Gesellschaft Verfahrens-Technik e.V.