To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
QSIL acquires materials specialist Barat Ceramics
Just in time for the new year, the materials specialist QSIL has taken the next step on its growth path: With the acquisition of the technical ceramics expert Barat Ceramics, the QSIL Group will now exceed the sales mark of EUR 100 million and significantly enlarge its special materials portfolio. Barat Ceramics looks back on a similar past like QSIL: Carved out from a company formerly owned by the state, over the past 25 years Barat has turned into a well excepted provider for special technical ceramics products and solutions.
For QSIL ‘s co-owner Stephan Behr the further diversification of the group as well as the mutual opportunities in technology development and sales are at the center, but the acquisition also brings along a very personal touch. Mr. Behr was born in the region where the acquired company is located. The "Thuringian solution", as he calls the acquisition of Barat Ceramics as both, Barat and QSIL maintain their headquarters in the Federal State of Thuringia, will make use of the geographical proximity and cultural similarities to realize the full business potential of the acquisition.
Until 2021, QSIL plans to invest 5 million Euros in the Barat production site and expects international sales to be strengthened by the deployment of its worldwide branches and sales offices.
- 1Sodium is the new lithium
- 2World’s oldest periodic table chart found in St Andrews
- 3Natural substance as alternative to controversial glyphosate?
- 4KYOCERA acquires German advanced ceramic manufacturer
- 5BASF is combining digitalization and IT expertise in a single division
- 6Beckman Coulter strenghtens laboratory automation business
- 7B2B platform for chemical products launched successfully
- 8Antireflection coating makes plastic invisible
- 9Directly-cooled electric motor made from polymer materials
- 10BASF opens first phase of the new antioxidants manufacturing plant in Shanghai