To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
New Polyurethanes System House in Tianjin further strengthens BASF’s extensive service network in China
Foster growth of key industries through customized service and customer support
30-09-2010: BASF announced that it will further strengthen its global service and production network with a new System House in Tianjin, the largest modern manufacturing base and trading center in northern China with a population of over 12 million residents. The new site is planned to operate from 2012 onwards.
A Memorandum of Understanding on the project was signed in Ludwigshafen at a visit of a delegation led by Wang Zhiping, the Vice Mayor of Tianjin Municipal People’s Government.
The MoU, which states the two parties' intention to support the development of a polyurethanes System House in Tianjin, northern China, was signed by Ni Xiangyu, Vice Chairman of Administrative Commission of Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (Nangang Industrial Zone) and Wayne T. Smith, the president of BASF’s polyurethanes division.
"The strategic location of the city is perfectly suited to serve the fast growing North China markets including the thriving centers of Beijing, Shenyang, and Changchun. We expect the PU market in China to continue to grow at above average growth rates," Smith said. “The new Tianjin investment is evidence of our strong commitment to the China market by providing top-level technical expertise to the fastgrowing industries like the Automotive, Construction and Appliance industries.”
The Tianjin System House will be integrated into BASF’s comprehensive worldwide network, which currently includes 38 system houses. It will comprise local production as well as a sales and technical service centre to offer customized products and responsive high-quality service. Combined with the capabilities of the previously announced new System House in Chongqing, along with two current System Houses and Development Centers in Shanghai and Nansha, it creates a complete state-of-the-art, all-inclusive service network extending to all geographical corners of China.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8PETRONAS and Evonik Industries sign Letter of Intent for projects in Rapid Project
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Putting electronic cigarettes to the test