To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Dionex Demonstrates Simplified Determination of 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid in Clavulanate
27-10-2010: Dionex announced a simplified method for the detection and quantification of 2-ethylhexanoic acid, a potential impurity in potassium clavulanate active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) incorporated during sample purification. Application Note 262: Determination of 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid Impurity in Clavulanate reports results for limit of detection/limit of quantification (LOQ/LOQ), linear calibration range, spike recovery, retention time precision, and peak area precision determinations that show this to be an accurate and reproducible technique to determine 2-ethylhexanoic acid in clavulanate below the 0.8% acceptance criteria.
The determination method outlined in Application Note 262 uses 150-fold lower concentration of the API and eliminates the need for solvent extraction per the current United States Pharmacopeia (USP) monograph, thus consuming less of the API and simplifying sample preparation.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- Clariant invests in an enhanced oil recovery technology and services company
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- BASF steps up its measures against patent infringements in the photoinitiato ...
- Nanostructures with living cells
- A new laser paradigm: An electrically injected polariton laser
- UC Santa Barbara scientist studies methane levels in cross-continent drive
- Never-before-seen energy pattern observed at National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
- Stanford ultraresponsive magnetic nanoscavengers for next generation water purification
- Keeping fruit, vegetables and cut flowers fresh longer