To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
New application centers: Cognis strengthens its global presence
16-11-2010: In order to provide its customers with expert local support and recipes adapted to their specific needs, specialty chemicals supplier Cognis has decided to set up new application centers for food ingredients in different regions. The first application center was opened in June this year in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Another one will be set up in Jacarei, Brazil, at the end of the first quarter of 2011, and there are also plans to open centers in China and the USA.
Around the world, people have different tastes and therefore they like their food in different ways. In North America, people prefer soft bread with a long shelf life, while most European countries like freshly baked crusty bread. Processing methods also tend to vary, for example steam baking is common in China and other Asian countries, where as Western-style breads are generally oven-baked.
To meet these different demands, Cognis has decided to set up new regional application centers for food ingredients. In June the company opened its first one in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to serve customers in the South/East-Asia region. The next one to open will be in Jacarei, Brazil, and will go hand in hand with the new production line that is due to commence operation at the end of the first quarter of 2011. New application centers are also planned for the Chinese and US markets.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 6Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- BASF and PETRONAS Chemicals Group to build an aroma ingredients complex in Kuantan
- PETRONAS and Evonik Industries sign Letter of Intent for projects in Rapid Project
- PETRONAS and BASF terminate Heads of Agreement for joint project in Pengerang
- Petronas and LanzaTech to Recycle CO2 into Sustainable Chemicals
- Arkema and CJ officially launch the construction of their Bio-Methionine and Thiochemicals complex in Malaysia