To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Global Polyester Market to Reach Nearly 40 Million Tons
China is the largest producer of polyester
22-07-2011: The global polyester market is expected to achieve levels of 39.3 million tons by 2015, according to a new report available on companiesandmarkets.com. Growth in the use of polyester in Asian countries, particularly in China is predicted to drive market expansion.
Asia-Pacific represents the largest as well as fastest growing regional polyester market. A large portion of the Asia-Pacific demand for polyester originates from China. Currently, China, with a huge installed capacity base, accounts for the majority of the world polyester market.
Asia-Pacific is poised to demonstrate the fastest CAGR of more than 6.0% over the analysis period. In terms of products, filament yarn constitutes the largest as well as fastest growing polyester product segment. Filament yarn is projected to demonstrate a CAGR of more than 5.0% over the analysis period.
Polyester plants worldwide primarily rely on continuous production systems. In recent times, newer plants are being designed with advanced four-reactor construction in place of conventional five-reactor construction so as to make the plant more economically profitable. In addition, a large number of polyester manufacturers in countries such as China, Taiwan, and other Asian countries are seen integrating backwards into fiber production. Factors including increasing demand for polyester textiles in the region and producers' desire for better control over feedstock are encouraging the manufacturers to focus on backward integration.
Major players profiled in the polyester market report include AOC, Ashland Performance Chemicals, DAK Americas LLC, Diolen Industrial Fibers, Du Pont, Far Eastern Industrial, Hyosung, Invista, Kolon Industries, Kordsa Global, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Performance Fibers, Reichhold, Reliance Industries, Teijin, Toray, Wellman, Zhejiang GuXianDao Industrial Fiber among others.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers