To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
BASF to establish global headquarters for Dispersions & Pigments division in Hong Kong
16-11-2011: BASF plans to establish the global headquarters of its Dispersions & Pigments division in Hong Kong. As of January 1, 2012, the division head and about 50 global positions, currently located in Ludwigshafen and Basel, will transition to Hong Kong. Transfer of positions will be realized over a period of about 12 months.
“Asia is already the largest market for our division today. We want to further participate in the dynamic growth in that region and beyond. To this end, we want to change the perspective from which we view our customer industries . By forming a global team at an international location we will also further increase attractiveness of BASF as a global employer ,” said Dr. Markus Kramer, President of BASF’s Dispersions & Pigments division.
All employees affected by the transition and who will not move toHong Kong will be offered other positions within BASF. The regional business and production units located in Europe and Asia are not affected by this move.
The portfolio of the Dispersions & Pigments division includes pigments, resins, dispersions and additives such as photoinitiators, light stabilizers and formulation additives. Main customer industries are the coatings and paints industry, as well as the adhesive, printing and packaging industries. The division posted sales of €3.2 billion in 2010.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- LANXESS opens Application Development Center for Asian plastics industry
- BASF announces organizational changes
- LANXESS strengthens ties with Asian automotive customers
- BASF to establish global headquarters for Dispersions & Pigments division in Hong Kong
- Huntsman Announces Appointment of Chief Executive Officer, Asia Pacific