To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
BASF honored with German Diversity Award
18-11-2011: BASF has been honored with the German Diversity Award as “Germany’s Most Diverse Employer” in the category large-scale enterprise. The prize is awarded by Henkel, the business consultancy McKinsey and the German business magazine Wirtschaftswoche. It honors employers, individuals and innovative projects that are especially committed to establishing a working culture of diversity.
After accepting the award, Saori Dubourg, President BASF East Asia Regional Headquarters said: “Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic tool for BASF to focus our competencies towards future market demands. The award is therefore a big appreciation of our present efforts in this field and at the same time an incentive to become even better at it.” Saori Dubourg was instrumental in setting up the global Diversity + Inclusion project back in 2008 and 2009.
“Diversity is by now firmly anchored in BASF’s daily business,” confirmed Dr. André Becker and Peter van den Hoek, both currently responsible for the global Diversity + Inclusion (D+I) activities at BASF. “Nevertheless, we will continue to develop instruments and measures to advance the diversity in our company.”
For example, “Inclusion of Diversity” is a vital competency at BASF and one of the assessment criteria that is used during employees’ annual appraisal dialogues with their superior.
Furthermore, more than 150 BASF employees worldwide are already involved as D+I ambassadors in addition to their regular jobs: They organize D+I activities, collect best practices, and actively support establishing a culture of diversity in their own working environment.
- 1Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 2New Fluka and Riedel-de Haën Catalog Features Over 1,500 New Products
- 3Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 4Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 5Sustainable fertilizer: Urine and wood ash produce large harvest
- 6Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Cognis Innovation Award for improved "green" solvent production processes
- 9Bayer CropScience: New rice fungicide isotianil granted regulatory approval in Japan
- 10Fluopicolide from Bayer CropScience receives registrations in Japan and the United States
- Where scientists from abroad want to conduct research
- Axalta receives Best Employer in Russia Award from Human Resources Russian A ...
- Bayer: Employees to share in the company's success with total bonuses of ove ...
- BASF’s Nutrition & Health division to focus on growth and increased competit ...
- Merck Serono’s President has been appointed to Board of Directors of L’Oréal
- Films and No End: Ceresana Expects the Global Market for LDPE to Grow
- Bayer operationally strong – strategic focus on Life Science businesses
- Merck Researcher Pohl Inducted into the Hall of Fame of German Research
- Personnel changes at BASF
- WACKER POLYMERS to Raise Prices For Dispersible Polymer Powders in Europe