To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
BASF honored with German Diversity Award
BASF has been honored with the German Diversity Award as “Germany’s Most Diverse Employer” in the category large-scale enterprise. The prize is awarded by Henkel, the business consultancy McKinsey and the German business magazine Wirtschaftswoche. It honors employers, individuals and innovative projects that are especially committed to establishing a working culture of diversity.
After accepting the award, Saori Dubourg, President BASF East Asia Regional Headquarters said: “Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic tool for BASF to focus our competencies towards future market demands. The award is therefore a big appreciation of our present efforts in this field and at the same time an incentive to become even better at it.” Saori Dubourg was instrumental in setting up the global Diversity + Inclusion project back in 2008 and 2009.
“Diversity is by now firmly anchored in BASF’s daily business,” confirmed Dr. André Becker and Peter van den Hoek, both currently responsible for the global Diversity + Inclusion (D+I) activities at BASF. “Nevertheless, we will continue to develop instruments and measures to advance the diversity in our company.”
For example, “Inclusion of Diversity” is a vital competency at BASF and one of the assessment criteria that is used during employees’ annual appraisal dialogues with their superior.
Furthermore, more than 150 BASF employees worldwide are already involved as D+I ambassadors in addition to their regular jobs: They organize D+I activities, collect best practices, and actively support establishing a culture of diversity in their own working environment.
- 1Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 2Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 3Merck Acquires Direct Marketer of Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements
- 4Validated HPTLC Methods for Identification of Botanicals
- 5Dow Announces Shutdown of Union Carbide Manufacturing Facility in Bound Brook, New Jersey
- 6New Fluka and Riedel-de Haën Catalog Features Over 1,500 New Products
- 7Graphene membrane could lead to better fuel cells, water filters
- 8Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 9Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan
- Bayer significantly improves earnings
- BASF increases sales and earnings slightly in the second quarter
- Black figures: Ceresana's new market study about the world market for Carbon Black
- BASF intends to establish separate legal entities for the pigments business
- INDUSTRIEPREIS 2015: Fritsch convinced