To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
DEKRA expands in the consulting business
DEKRA announces the acquisition of BST
12-04-2012: DEKRA has acquired the leading global safety consulting firm Behavioral Science Technology, Inc. (BST), headquarted in Ojai, California. With the acquisition, DEKRA strengthens its consulting services, particularly in the processing industry. BST generates an annual turnover of approximately USD 45 million.
Acquiring BST, a pioneer in behavioural-based safety with broad based expertise in transforming safety performance, DEKRA offers its customers unmatched expertise spanning North America, Asia and Europe. BST and its 200 specialists will join DEKRA’s Service Unit Consulting, an international provider of safety and sustainability consulting to companies striving for operational excellence. As a result, DEKRA has built a first class global network of sustainability and safety professionals. For BST the move further strengthens its ability to offer best in class services to its clients globally.
“Joining BST and DEKRA is a significant step in DEKRA's strategy to expand the industrial business with high-quality expert services in the process industries on a global scale”, says Stefan Kölbl, Chairman of the Board of DEKRA e.V. and DEKRA SE. “We are decisively expanding our position in North America and are establishing a further strategic platform for the development of markets in Asia.”
BST has been helping leading organizations in every industry create injury-free workplaces since 1979 when it pioneered behaviour-based safety. Today, companies continue to rely on BST to help them reduce occupational injuries, improve organizational functioning, transform safety culture and develop strong safety leadership. Unique in the industry, BST applies data-driven solutions built on a multi-dimensional model of safety performance to treat injury reduction within the context of the whole organization – resulting in world-class safety performance that drives operational excellence.
In the deal, DEKRA acquires 100 percent of the share capital of Behavioral Science Technology, Inc.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- consulting services
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 2Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 8Thermo Nicolet: New OMNIC® 6.0 Software Introduced
- 9Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan