To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. Announces Planned Closure Site in Leuna
17-04-2012: Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. has announced that it has commenced consultations with the Works Council to cease production of formaldehyde and formaldehyde-based resins at its Leuna site operated by Momentive Specialty Chemicals Forest Products GmbH.
This action will better align European market demand for forest products with Momentive’s existing assets. The Company intends to cease production at the Leuna plant by June 30, 2012.
“We remain committed to serving the European forest products market from our other sites and are well positioned to do so with our existing Momentive assets,” said George Gallacher, Vice President and Managing Director of Momentive’s European Forest Products business.
“The decision to close the Leuna plant is not easy for us, but is an unavoidable action that will allow us to maintain a competitive and profitable cost structure for our European Forest Products business in the future,” said Dale Plante, Executive Vice President and President – Forest Products Division.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Bayer opens innovation hub for Asia Pacific
- International consortium develops dye-sensitized solar cells
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- LANXESS opens Application Development Center for Asian plastics industry
- Promega and BASF develop alternative method on identifying allergenic substances