To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Dr. Thomas A. Puckette Honored as Recipient of 2011 Paul N. Rylander Award
19-04-2012: Dr. Thomas A. Puckette, an Eastman Chemical Company Technology Fellow based in Longview, Texas, received the 2011 Paul N. Rylander Award at the 24th Biennial ORCS Conference in Annapolis, Maryland, on April 16, 2012. The BASF sponsored award is presented annually to researchers who have made significant contributions in the application of catalysis in organic reactions.
Dr. Puckette is an innovative leader in the development of world-class hydroformylation (Oxo) processes. Many of his inventions have been disclosed in the 42 U.S. patents he holds. His work involving halophosphite catalyst ligands represents a significant technological advancement and has greatly increased efficiency and flexibility in Oxo manufacturing processes.
Catalysts are materials introduced into a chemical process that transform raw material into product. The ligands Dr. Puckette discovered are combined with rhodium to form catalysts that can be used in low pressure hydroformylation. That process converts olefins into aldehydes, which are then used to make various Eastman products, including Eastman TexanolTM ester alcohol and Eastman TritanTM copolyester. Eastman produces millions of pounds of product each day using this process. Having increased efficiency and flexibility significantly reduces manufacturing costs while enhancing the ability to meet product demands.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- A new laser paradigm: An electrically injected polariton laser
- UC Santa Barbara scientist studies methane levels in cross-continent drive
- Never-before-seen energy pattern observed at National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
- Stanford ultraresponsive magnetic nanoscavengers for next generation water purification
- Keeping fruit, vegetables and cut flowers fresh longer