To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Bayer MaterialScience LLC Names Jerry MacCleary President for NAFTA Region
23-04-2012: Bayer MaterialScience LLC named Jerry MacCleary President for the NAFTA region, effective June 1, 2012. MacCleary assumes the leadership of the Company’s operations in the region from Greg Babe, who recently announced his planned retirement from Bayer.
In addition, MacCleary will retain his leadership of the Polyurethanes marketing and business development activities of Bayer MaterialScience for the NAFTA region, a responsibility that he has held since 2004. Polyurethanes, Plastics, and Coatings, Adhesives and Specialties are the three major businesses within Bayer MaterialScience.
“Jerry brings more than 30 years of experience in Bayer’s materials businesses to this leadership role,” said Patrick Thomas, President and CEO of Bayer MaterialScience AG. “His knowledge and expertise in this industry will be critical as we look to continue to build on our position in this important region.”
MacCleary was previously head of Performance Systems at Bayer Polymers, where he was responsible for leading and implementing business strategies for various plastics and nylon products for such industries as automotive, insulation and injection molding.
MacCleary, 58, joined the Accounting Department of Bayer in 1979 and assumed positions of increasing responsibility within Accounting until 1982. He then entered the Plastics Division as a technical sales representative, after which he was promoted to Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Director and Vice President of various business units within the Plastics Division of Bayer. He also spent time abroad with two international assignments in Germany.
MacCleary serves as President of the Board of Directors for The International Isocyanate Institute, and as a Board member of the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry. He also served as Bayer's United Way Chairman for two years.
He holds a bachelor's degree in Accounting from West Virginia University.
MacCleary is married, has three children, and resides in Venetia, Pa.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8PETRONAS and Evonik Industries sign Letter of Intent for projects in Rapid Project
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Putting electronic cigarettes to the test