To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
High expectations for ACHEMA 2012
24-04-2012: Two months before the start of ACHEMA 2012, the outlook on the global flagship event for chemical engineering and biotechnology is exceedingly positive. The organizers expect a slight growth compared to the last event in 2009 when 3,767 exhibitors and more than 173,000 participants were counted.
The fastest-growing exhibition groups are measurement, control and automation, and pharmaceutical, packaging and storage techniques. With about 50% the proportion of international exhibitors is exceptionally large. China and India show strong growth rates, as do Turkey, South Korea and some Eastern European countries. ACHEMA takes place every three years; with its combination of exhibition, a congress with about 900 lectures and a broad range of guest and partnering events, it is the global summit for scientists, developers and users from all process industries.
The growth of ACHEMA is driven by the positive development of important industries such as the chemical and the automation industry, laboratory and analytical technology and plant engineering, as representatives of industry associations stated at the economic press conference in the run-up to ACHEMA on April 16th in Frankfurt/Main. An important driver is the striving for energy efficiency. At ACHEMA 2012, energy is one of the focus topics. Apart from efficient energy use, energy generation and the development of innovative energy carriers and storage technologies are also in focus. Chemistry and process engineering can make significant contributions, for example through the development of battery and fuel cell technology, but also through new concepts for heat storage.
A second important driver for innovation is the gradual shift from fossil to renewable resources. The virtual platform "BiobasedWorld at ACHEMA" offers a global forum where new scientific findings will be discussed as well as the development of appropriate processing technologies where biotechnology plays a special role.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- BASF strengthens its enzyme technology footprint
- Membrane elements from LANXESS approved for drinking water applications
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Merck wants to achieve 2014 goals already this year following a successful start