To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Analysis of Carbohydrates in Coffee in 10 mins
30-04-2012: Thermo Fisher Scientific announced a new approach using high-performance anion-exchange (HPAE) chromatography with pulsed amperometric detection (PAD) for the determination of carbohydrates in extracts from instant coffee and green coffee beans. Application Note 280: "Carbohydrate in Coffee: AOAC Method 995.13 vs a New Fast Ion Chromatography Method" compares two methods: the Association of Analytical Chemists ( AOAC) official method 995.13 and a fast method using the CarboPac ™ SA10 column . The former method has a longer run time (80 minutes) compared to the fast method (10 minutes). For certain sugars that may be difficult to resolve with the official method, minor modifications are suggested. The fast method, proposed for analyzing coffee carbohydrates, resolves 7 of the 11 coffee carbohydrates in 8 minutes and needs only the addition of deionized water for continuous operation.
Both methods have high precision and acceptable recovery for the carbohydrates in instant and green coffee extracts. In addition, disposable gold working electrodes provide consistently high detector response for both methods, assuring greater instrument-to-instrument and lab-to-lab reproducibility. In summary, both the AOAC official method 995.13 and the fast method are sensitive, accurate, reliable, and differ primarily in their total analysis time and peak resolutions for coffee carbohydrate determinations.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Clariant invests in an enhanced oil recovery technology and services company
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- BASF steps up its measures against patent infringements in the photoinitiato ...
- Nanostructures with living cells