To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Evonik set to expand its ThreAMINO capacity in Europe
16-05-2012: Evonik Industries (Germany) announces a capacity increase of ThreAMINO® (L-threonine) at Evonik Agroferm Zrt., a 100% affiliated company of Evonik, in Kaba, Hungary. The nameplate capacity is expected to be expanded to 30,000 metric tons L-threonine (feed grade 98.5%) per annum, which represents an increase of 10,000 metric tons. The new capacity is scheduled to come on stream in the third quarter of 2013. The additional quantities shall serve the growing demand.
“This expansion will transform the Hungarian site into a world-scale plant with state-of-the-art technology. It is our ambition that all investment projects lead to a significant performance improvement of the process and the product form. This shall help us to meet rising needs and requirements of our customers,” explains Dr Walter Pfefferle, head of Bioproducts business line of Evonik.
The ThreAMINO® expansion complements two recent expansion announcements by Evonik, namely the construction of a new 150,000 metric ton MetAMINO® (DL-methionine) production complex on Jurong Island, Singapore, which is scheduled to come on stream in 2014, and the expansion of Biolys® (L-lysine source) to an annual capacity of 280,000 metric tons in Blair, Nebraska, USA, by the end of 2012.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- UBICHEM Group Adds New Large Scale Manufacturing Site
- Evonik set to expand its ThreAMINO capacity in Europe
- Huntsman and Polinvent agreement to add value through adducts
- Tikkurila to change its business model in Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic
- Axel Semrau and ThalesNano Collaborate on Distributing Products