To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Huntsman Completes Amines Expansion in Llanelli, Wales
05-06-2012: The Performance Products division of Huntsman Corporation announced that it has completed the expansion of its specialty amines manufacturing facility in Llanelli Wales. This expansion has increased capacity by more than 50%, primarily for JEFFAMINE® polyetheramines, Diglycolamine® Agent (DGA® Agent) and morpholine.
Stu Monteith, President of Huntsman Performance Products said: “Our existing global network of plants for these products is further strengthened by this successful expansion, which will continue to ensure that Huntsman remains strategically ahead of the demand curve for years to come.”
Apart from Llanelli, Huntsman also supplies these products from the United States (Port Neches and Conroe both in Texas) and Singapore (Jurong), with previously announced plans to build a plant in Saudi Arabia (Jubail).
Key markets for polyetheramines include epoxy composites and construction, while main applications for Diglycolamine® Agent (DGA® Agent) are gas treating and electronics. Morpholine is frequently used as an anti-corrosion agent in water treatment and in rubber accelerators and optical brighteners.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Oxea delivers first carboxylic acids produced at its new plant
- BASF strengthens its enzyme technology footprint
- Biesterfeld establishes branch office in Thailand
- LANXESS opens first production facility for high-performance bladders in Brazil
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...