To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
CR Report 2011: Evonik significantly improves its environmental efficiency
Evonik reduces its energy-related greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and water consumption by 17 to 27 percent in relation to production output
07-06-2012: Evonik Industries AG has significantly improved its environmental efficiency. This is highlighted in the company’s 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report, which attests that Evonik reduced its specific, i.e. emissions relative to output, energy-related greenhouse gas emissions by 17 percent in the time from 2004 to 2011. During the same period, specific production waste fell by 18 percent and specific water consumption by 27 percent.
"Responsible conduct and financial success cannot be separated from each other. They need each other. As one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals, we consider accepting economic, ecological and social responsibility a question of attitude,” notes Klaus Engel, Chairman of the Executive Board of Evonik.
Evonik is well on its way to meeting its self-imposed goal for the year 2014 of reducing the key performance indicators for its greenhouse gas emissions, production waste, and water consumption by 20 percent compared to 2004. For this purpose, the company has implemented a large number of efficiency-improving measures. Thus, at its largest site, which is in Marl, Germany, the company reduced the power needs for its own cooling water supply of a power plant, optimized a turbo compressor in refrigeration, and used more efficient pumps in the re-cooling plants. Overall, the Group intensified its commitment to Corporate Responsibility (CR) with a multitude of activities that are tracked in the Evonik CR program and described in this year’s CR Report.
For the second time in a row, the 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report of Evonik has met the requirements for the successful application of level A+ of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in compliance with the new GRI 3.1 reporting guidelines. GRI is the internationally recognized standard for comprehensive sustainability reporting and has confirmed the A+ reporting level for Evonik. An auditing firm subjected large parts of the report to an assurance review.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers