To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Krahn Chemie expands product range for rubber industry
15-06-2012: With EPDM, fluororubber, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide and other accelerators Krahn Chemie presents a number of new products in its portfolio at the DKT 2012 in Nuremberg.
EPDM is a synthetic rubber, which is widely used in the automotive, construction and electrical industry. Krahn Chemie from now on distributes Esprene EPDM from Sumitomo Chemical.
Krahn Chemie also started distributing fluoroelastomers (FKM) cooperating with Shanghai 3F New Materials. FKM is characterized mainly by its excellent heat and chemical resistance. It is used for gaskets in motor production, fuel hoses, O-rings, seals for hydraulic applications, crankshaft oil seals and further applications. It is noteworthy that Shanghai 3F New Materials also produces peroxide crosslinked grades.
With CBS and MBTS of Puyang Willing Ouchi Chemical Krahn offers two more accelerators for sulfur vulcanization in addition to the Robac rubber chemicals of Robinson Brothers.
The STARMAG magnesium oxide from Konoshima Chemical and the zinc oxide from Empils Zinc are also new in Krahn Chemies product range. The metal oxides are amongst others used as activators, crosslinking agents and / or acid scavengers in rubber compounds. In the case of the STARMAG magnesium oxide the synergy effect with the existing Krahn portfolio is very high as it is used in ECO, CR or CSM-based rubber compounds. Krahn Chemie distributes these elastomers from Daiso (Epichlomer ® ECO) and Tosoh (Skyprene ® CR, Toso-CSM ®). Other products in the Krahn Chemie portfolio include butadiene rubber (BR, SBR) from Kumho Petrochemical, Silastic ® silicone rubber from Dow Corning, Jayflex plasticizers of ExxonMobil Chemical, adhesion promoters Chemlok ® / Chemosil ® by Lord Germany and Frekote ® mold release agents from Henkel.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- Krahn Chemie
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Bayer opens innovation hub for Asia Pacific
- International consortium develops dye-sensitized solar cells
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- LANXESS opens Application Development Center for Asian plastics industry
- Promega and BASF develop alternative method on identifying allergenic substances