To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Groundbreaking ceremony for Evonik’s new isophorone plants in Shanghai
Investment volume of more than €100 million
20-06-2012: On June 19th, 2012, Evonik Industries held the ground-breaking ceremony for the new production plants for the manufacture of isophorone and isophorone diamine in the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP). The Group is investing more than €100 million in the plants, which are scheduled to come on stream in the first quarter of 2014, after completion of a roughly two-year construction phase.
The groundbreaking will be a milestone for Evonik: "This integrated production platform shall reinforce our presence in an important market and enable us to supply the growing needs of our customers in China and the entire Asia Pacific region", emphasized Dr. Dahai Yu, member of the Executive Board of Evonik Industries, during a press conference on June 18th, 2012 in Shanghai. "This investment shall also consolidate our position as a worldwide leading manufacturer of the isophorone chemistry." Products from the new facilities will primarily serve markets in China and Asia Pacific, with an annual capacity of 50kt.
In addition Evonik is installing a new Technical Service Center at its Xinzhuang site in Shanghai. The facility will include state-of-the-art laboratories for applied technology with aims to develop isophorone product applications and provide technology service for customers throughout in the region.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8PETRONAS and Evonik Industries sign Letter of Intent for projects in Rapid Project
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- Oxea delivers first carboxylic acids produced at its new plant
- BASF strengthens its enzyme technology footprint
- Biesterfeld establishes branch office in Thailand
- LANXESS opens first production facility for high-performance bladders in Brazil
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...