To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Praxair and Midrex Sign Strategic Alliance to Commercialize Technology to Produce DRI Using Alternative Fuels
20-06-2012: Praxair, Inc. and Midrex Technologies Inc. have signed an alliance agreement to develop and market new process technology for the production of direct reduced iron (DRI) with a variety of fuels such as coke oven gas. The new process uses an innovative partial oxidation technology to convert hydrocarbon fuels into high quality, high temperature syngas suitable for DRI production. Under this alliance, Midrex and Praxair will perform a demonstration of the new technology at Midrex’s extensive DRI research facilities in Charlotte, NC later this year.
"With the help of Praxair's unique technology we can open up new markets and offer more attractive choices for the production of DRI, especially in regions where traditional DRI fuels such as natural gas are not economically available," said Stephen Montague, vice president of Sales and Marketing for Midrex Technologies, Inc.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- International consortium develops dye-sensitized solar cells
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...
- BASF and PETRONAS Chemicals Group to build an aroma ingredients complex in K ...
- Dow Corning appoints BCD Chemie as master distributor for their silanes