To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Bac2 latent catalyst promises productivity gains in processes that use urea formaldehyde resin
21-06-2012: Bac2 has developed a latent acid catalyst that extends the pot life of urea formaldehyde resins from a few minutes to more than a day. With just a 2% concentration of the catalyst, resins can be cured at a temperature some 20 degrees lower than untreated compounds, delivering substantial energy savings and enabling production speed to be increased. The extended pot life also simplifies storage and handling of urea formaldehyde resins, which are commonly used in the manufacture of abrasives and for bonding plywood, particle board and other structured wood products.
Known as CSR150, the catalyst has been derived from related formulations that have already proven their efficacy in furan and phenolic resin manufacturing processes. CSR150 remains stable for at least 12 months when stored in cool, dry conditions. A complementary product, CSR250, can be blended with CSR150 to optimise its characteristics for the best trade off between pot life and cure time in specific applications.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- Clariant invests in an enhanced oil recovery technology and services company
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- BASF steps up its measures against patent infringements in the photoinitiato ...
- Nanostructures with living cells