To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Clariant with clear strategic targets up to 2015
25-06-2012: The Swiss specialty chemicals company Clariant will continue to consistently implement its profitable growth strategy during the next three years, as announced by CEO Hariolf Kottmann and CFO Patrick Jany at this year’s Capital Markets & Media Day in Munich, Germany. The goal is, amongst others, to increase the company’s EBITDA margin from 13.2% in 2011 to above 17% in 2015 and to achieve a return on invested capital (ROIC) that is above peer group average. Clariant will in future generate more than 70% of its sales with core non-cyclical business units.
In order to achieve these goals, considerable progress has to be made in all four strategic directions. Within the existing Business Units, a further profitability increase is planned through Performance Management and Functional Excellence measures. In addition, increased market shares in emerging markets such as China, India and Brazil will further boost profitable growth.
An active portfolio management will play an important role on the path to a sustainably profitable company. As already announced with the publication of the 2011 full year results, the company will sustainably increase the quality and performance of its product portfolio. In this context, Clariant is evaluating strategic options for the Business Units Textile Chemicals, Paper Specialties, and Emulsions, Detergents & Intermediates. These options are planned to be implemented during the next 18 months.
CEO Hariolf Kottmann: „We will implement these portfolio management measures with the same speed and determination as that of our activities in the restructuring phase. They are an important pre-requisite for reaching our targets by 2015. At that point, a newly aligned Clariant will be even more profitable and will generate more than 70% of its sales from non-cyclical business units. The acquisition of Süd-Chemie marked a first milestone in this process. We will continue this success story in the next years.”
The acquisition of Süd-Chemie was an important first step for Clariant. Already in 2011 the former Süd-Chemie businesses contributed significantly to the company’s results. Until end 2013, an additional EBITDA improvement of CHF 90–115 million is expected from synergies resulting from the integration. The transaction will be accretive in 2013, i.e. in the second year after the acquisition. In addition, the transaction was fully refinanced within less than twelve months.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge