To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
PCC planning DME production in Russia
Joint venture founded between PCC SE and Russia's JSC Shchekinoazot
26-06-2012: PCC SE of Duisburg, Germany and JSC Shchekinoazot of Pervomayskiy near Shchekino, Russia have announced the founding of the "DME Aerosol" joint venture. It represents the cornerstone of a project to produce high-quality dimethyl ether (DME) in Russia. The relevant contracts were signed on 18 June 2012 in Brzeg Dolny, Poland on the factory grounds of PCC Rokita SA.
DME is primarily used in the cosmetics industry as a blowing agent for hairsprays as well as for the manufacture of insulating foams (one-component PU foam).The production plant with an annual capacity of 20,000 tonnes will be constructed directly on the grounds of joint venture partner JSC Shchekinoazot. The chemical company has its headquarters in the Tula region, some 180 kilometres south of Moscow. Production start is slated to begin in 2014. Thanks to its modern methanol facility, JSC Shchekinoazot can ensure a secure supply of raw materials for the new DME production line. The new production plant, which will manufacture DME at aerosol quality, employs cutting edge technology developed by an internationally leading company in this area.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- Evonik signs memorandum of understanding with government of Rostov region
- INEOS technology for new project in Nizhnekamsk, Republic of Tartarstan, Russia
- Azelis Coatings extends its partnership with Momentive in Russia
- Analytik Jena: Opening ceremony of new competence center in Moscow with high-ranking guests
- ThyssenKrupp plant construction business wins contract from Russia