To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
PolyOne to Expand in South Africa
04-07-2012: PolyOne Corporation announced plans to open a new facility in South Africa.
Located in the Montague Gardens industrial precinct in Cape Town, the facility will serve customers throughout Africa.
Leveraging newly acquired ColorMatrix technology, PolyOne will initially supply liquid colorants, additives and dosing equipment, which are used by customers who manufacture products such as PET containers for the beverage and personal care markets. The facility is expected to open in August 2012, providing services such as sales, technical support and rapid color development through the on-site color laboratory.
"When we acquired ColorMatrix last year, we committed to a global 'invest to grow' strategy that would add value to our customers and our shareholders. Our new facility in South Africa illustrates our commitment to this strategy," said Robert M. Patterson, executive vice president and chief operating officer, PolyOne Corporation.
"While our operations will initially focus on ColorMatrix products and services, this affords us an excellent foothold to leverage other PolyOne businesses and services throughout the region in the future," Patterson added.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers