To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Evonik’s new polyamide 12 line is planned to be built in Singapore by 2014
06-07-2012: Following the initial announcement in 2011, the basic planning for the construction of a 20,000 mt plant for the production of the specialty plastic polyamide 12 (PA12) in Asia is now entering the final phase. Subject to the approval of the relevant bodies, the new plant will be built in Singapore and is scheduled to be completed by 2014. Adding to the capacity of the existing facility in Europe, this second production plant for PA12 in Singapore is designed to substantially increase the availability of the product and its guaranteed delivery. It will also bring Evonik even closer to its customers in Asia’s fast-growing markets.
Ever since the fire at a plant that manufactures CDT, a precursor of PA12, in Marl Chemical Park at the end of March 2012, Evonik has continued to press ahead with its plans to build the PA12 plant in Singapore. Gregor Hetzke, head of Performance Polymers Business Unit of Evonik, confirms: "Our goal in significantly expanding our capacity is to consolidate our leading position for polyamide 12 in the long term."
The damaged CDT plant in Marl is currently being repaired and, according to current planning, is expected to recommence operations in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 2Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 8Thermo Nicolet: New OMNIC® 6.0 Software Introduced
- 9Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan