To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Quaker Chemical Acquires NP Coil Dexter Industries S.r.l.
09-07-2012: Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR) announced today that it has purchased NP Coil Dexter Industries S.r.l., a leading European manufacturer and supplier of metal surface treatment products ("NP Coil Dexter"). Terms of the purchase were not disclosed.
NP Coil Dexter's proprietary formulations of metal surface treatment products include pretreatment products used to prepare the metal surface prior to painting and other finishing processes. Metal pretreatments provide enhanced corrosion protection and improve paint adhesion. These products are used in the steel coil industry and general industrial markets, including automotive, appliance, and equipment applications. Included in the transaction are NP Coil Dexter's commercial and technical operations and a leased manufacturing facility. NP Coil Dexter is a privately held company based in Gorgonzola, Italy with annual revenues of approximately $11 million.
Michael F. Barry, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, commented, "NP Coil Dexter is an excellent strategic fit for Quaker as it is complementary to our existing business. The coil coating and surface treatment areas are extensions to the steel flat rolling process where Quaker is the market leader. NP Coil Dexter's products have earned a high-quality reputation in both the steel coil and metal finishing markets. We are excited to be able to add their product portfolio to our existing customers, both in Europe and globally, as well as offering our metalworking and other products to NP Coil Dexter's customers."
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8PETRONAS and Evonik Industries sign Letter of Intent for projects in Rapid Project
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Putting electronic cigarettes to the test