To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
ABB to invest $ 40 million in Saudi Arabia to strengthen power products footprint
18-07-2012: ABB will invest around $ 40 million, to construct a new manufacturing plant for high-voltage gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) and a transformer service workshop in Saudi Arabia, to serve the growing power infrastructure needs in the region.
The switchgear plant will initially manufacture 132 kilovolt (kV) GIS, with higher ratings to follow. The transformer service center will support ABB’s large installed base in the region and serve customers with a more complete portfolio. The two new facilities will occupy 40,000 square meters of space and will be located in the city of Dammam in the eastern part of the country and home to the largest port in the Arabian gulf.
“Local manufacturing of our GIS range in Saudi Arabia and our transformer service facility will enable us to respond to our customers’ needs more efficiently,” said Bernhard Jucker, head of ABB’s Power Products division. “This decision is in line with ABB’s regional and ‘in country for country’ approach and business philosophy to locate production and service facilities closer to our customers.”
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- SABIC demonstrates growth strategy with new research agreement with Swiss university
- Saudi Polymers Company Manufacturing Facility Begins Commercial Production
- Dow and Saudi Saline Water Conversion Corporation Sign Commercial Agreement for Research Collaboration
- ABB wins $40 million power products order in Saudi Arabia
- ABB to invest $ 40 million in Saudi Arabia to strengthen power products footprint