To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Evonik commences construction of methionine complex in Singapore
03-08-2012: Evonik Industries is right on schedule with its plans to expand amino-acid production for animal feed - one of its core businesses. A symbolic ground-breaking ceremony in Singapore officially marked the start of construction of the new methionine complex there. The manufacturing complex is due to go into operation in the third quarter of 2014 and will have an annual production capacity of 150,000 metric tons of methionine. This will give Evonik total capacities for 580,000 metric tons p.a. The company is spending more than 500 million euro on building the manufacturing complex at which Evonik will also produce all the strategically relevant intermediates.
“The methionine manufacturing complex represents the biggest individual investment Evonik has ever made,” explained Dr. Klaus Engel, the CEO of Evonik Industries AG. “We opted for Asia as the site for this plant because this is the fastest growing methionine market in the world. And that circumstance enables us to substantially extend our lead as the world’s market and technology leader for DL-methionine.” The long term dynamic demand is fuelled by the mega trends health and nutrition.
Evonik is currently manufacturing DL-methionine at four plants in Wesseling (Germany), Mobile (USA) and Antwerp (Belgium). These plants have recently been successively expanded, so that they now offer a total capacity for 430,000 metric tons p.a.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge