To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
ABB wins $40 million power products order in Saudi Arabia
07-08-2012: ABB has won an order worth over $40 million for high-voltage gas-insulated switchgear from the Al Toukhi Group, a leading engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company. The order was booked in the second quarter.
ABB will supply 420 kV GIS equipment that will form an integral part of the New Muhayil West and Al Omran substations being built for Saudi Electricity Company (SEC), the country’s national power transmission and distribution operator. The substations are scheduled to be energized in June 2014.
Al Omran, located in the eastern part of Saudi Arabia, is part of the Qurayyah Independent Power Project (IPP). New Muhayil, connected to the Shuqaiq and Namera North transmission network, is being constructed to meet the rapidly growing demand for electricity in the southwestern part of the country.
“The new substations where this GIS equipment will be installed, will enhance power capacity and help meet growing electricity demand to support industrial development in the country” said Bernhard Jucker, head of ABB’s Power Products division.
Saudi Arabia accounts for around half of the total electricity consumption in the GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council) region. Economic growth, led by the oil and gas sector is driving the development of power infrastructure to secure electricity supplies.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 2Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 8Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 9Thermo Nicolet: New OMNIC® 6.0 Software Introduced
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan
- SABIC demonstrates growth strategy with new research agreement with Swiss university
- Saudi Polymers Company Manufacturing Facility Begins Commercial Production
- Dow and Saudi Saline Water Conversion Corporation Sign Commercial Agreement for Research Collaboration
- ABB wins $40 million power products order in Saudi Arabia
- ABB to invest $ 40 million in Saudi Arabia to strengthen power products footprint