To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Final Report SENSOR+TEST 2012: In its 30th Year as International as Never Before
17-08-2012: The SENSOR+TEST, in the 30th year of its existence, has again documented its prominent position as the internationally leading trade fair for sensor and measuring technology. The share of foreign exhibitors of one third was as high as never before. Moreover, the results of the recently published exhibitor and visitor polls confirm the continued great satisfaction of all participants.
Annette Kehrer, Director of Marketing, Gantner Instruments GmbH, points out that, “Since its merger with the MeasComp, the SENSOR+TEST is the annual platform for measuring technology per se. A large number of visitors come to us with very concrete projects and a great interest in our product novelties. As in the years before, we are very satisfied with the fair.”
With 8,228 visitors, the SENSOR+TEST 2012 was able to record a slight gain in numbers compared to the previous year. According to a representative poll by a neutral market research institute, 97% of these visitors were satisfied or very satisfied with the offers at the fair. By the same token, 90% of the 536 exhibitors in Nürnberg were able to make new contacts – and almost as many expect a significant follow-up business as a result.
Holger Bödeker, Managing Director of the AMA Service GmbH organizers, commented, “The fair has once again fully satisfied the expectations of both, our exhibitors and visitors. We’re especially pleased by the fact that the international share of all target groups has increased even further, despite the absolute figures which remained almost unchanged at their extremely high level.”
Decisive for the exhibitors is the high degree of purchasing competence shown by visitors. Dr. Frank Findeis, Marketing Director of Infineon Technologies AG, agrees. “At the SENSOR+TEST we meet decision makers and professionals who appreciate our technical competence. After the successful fair in 2012, we may well have our own stand again next year.”
Another contributing factor to the internationality of the fair are the first-rate conferences: the 16th GMA/ITG Conference “Sensors and Measuring Systems 2012” and “IMCS 2012 – 14th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors”. These conventions attracted 807 registered participants from Germany and abroad.
The next SENSOR+TEST is to be held from 14 to 16 May 2013 at the Nürnberg Exhibition Center and will be complemented by the scientific AMA Conferences: the SENSOR, the OPTO, and the IRS². The fair will dedicate special attention to the application areas in sensor, measuring, and testing technology dealing with the focal topic for 2013, “renewable energy”.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- AMA Service
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Stockhausen, a subsidiary of Degussa, develops a special product for de-inking and de-watering of sludge
- BASF strengthens its enzyme technology footprint
- Membrane elements from LANXESS approved for drinking water applications
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Merck wants to achieve 2014 goals already this year following a successful start