To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
BASF sells decorative paints business of RELIUS in Germany and France to PROSOL
20-08-2012: On August 14, 2012, BASF and PROSOL Lacke + Farben GmbH signed a contract regarding the sale of the decorative paints business of RELIUS COATINGS GmbH & Co. KG in Germany and RELIUS FRANCE SAS in France. The business encompasses construction paints and plaster as well as varnishes and glazes for construction application and is mainly based in Germany, France and some other selected countries in Europe. The sale of the business includes the Memmingen site in Germany as well as 30 distribution points in Germany and France. The transfer is scheduled to be completed on November 30, 2012. The two parties agreed to not disclose any information on the purchase price.
The decorative paints business of RELIUS in the Netherlands is not part of the transaction. BASF is currently negotiating the sale of this part of the RELIUS COATINGS business. The industrial coatings business of RELIUS COATINGS at the Oldenburg site in Germany is also not affected and will remain an integral part of BASF.
Currently about 350 employees work in the decorative paints business of RELIUS COATINGS in Germany and France. PROSOL takes over the employment contracts of these employees.
"RELIUS COATINGS has a very experienced team, state-of-the-art sites and well established brands. We are confident that this business can have a successful perspective at PROSOL that has its core competencies in construction paints", says Dr. Markus Kamieth, President of BASF's Coatings Division. "We are glad to have achieved our goal to safe as many jobs as possible", adds Kamieth.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- BASF strengthens its enzyme technology footprint
- Membrane elements from LANXESS approved for drinking water applications
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Merck wants to achieve 2014 goals already this year following a successful start