To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Bayer expands material protection business
Acquisition of two biocides
13-12-2002: Bayer Chemicals, has expanded its line of material protection products with the acquisition of two biocides.
In a transaction that was concluded with Ondeo Nalco Company on December 6, 2002, Bayer Corporation, a 100 percent subsidiary of Bayer AG, acquired the EPA(Environmental Protection Agency)-registered active ingredients thiabendazole (TBZ) and dibromodicyanobutane (DBDCB), along with certain patent-protected formulations of these biocides in combination with other biocides. The acquisition, including the trade names TektamerTM , BiochekTM and MetasolTM, expands and strengthens the well-established offerings of Bayer's material protection business.
DBDCB, which is also FDA-registered, is in the United States the leading preservative for the adhesives market and enjoys long-standing applications as a preservative for mineral slurries and various construction materials such as joint compounds. Other important applications include paints and coatings, latices, printing inks, waxes and other water-based industrial materials including household cleaners.
TBZ is one of the leading fungicidal active ingredients for protecting paints and coatings and for the fungicidal treatment of adhesive films and various plastic articles.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers