To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
AC Analytical Controls and Varian, Inc. Team to Build Customized Gas Chromatography Solutions
05-06-2001: AC Analytical Controls (AC) and Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq:VARI)
announced today that they will jointly build customized gas
chromatography solutions for the worldwide petrochemical
industry. The solutions are based on Varian's unique 3800 gas
chromatograph (GC) platform and AC's dedicated software. AC
Analytical Control's relationship with Varian, Inc. marks the first
time its products have been married to Varian gas
Varian, Inc. has developed application-specific GC systems for customers in natural gas, oil refining and petrochemical manufacturing industries and has also built custom solutions for specialty gas, environmental and pharmaceutical laboratories. Varian's 3800 GC system offers the petrochemical industry the flexibility of three channels allowing for more complex applications to be run on a single instrument.
The relationship forged between AC and Varian, Inc. will allow oil and gas companies the opportunity to choose among multiple GC platforms to meet individual company requirements.
"The powerful combination of AC Analytical Controls and Varian working together to provide tailored gas chromatography solutions allows our petrochemical customers greater flexibility to achieve their business goals," said Martin O'Donoghue, general manager of chromatography and analytical supplies, Varian, Inc.
"In response to customers' requirements, AC Analytical Controls now offers its well-known solutions on two different hardware and various software platforms," said Thijs Cohen, CEO of Analytical Controls.
The jointly developed AC and Varian customized gas chromatography solutions will be available in June 2001. The solutions meet or exceed ASTM specifications. Varian's customized GC solutions are manufactured and full tested at Varian, Inc. factories in Walnut Creek, California, U.S.A. and Middelburg, the Netherlands and fully supported by Varian's worldwide service organization. AC will continue to produce, market and sell its solutions for crude oil and distillates, naphtha and gasoline and refinery gas and natural gas, based on platforms of customersÕ choice.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 6Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 7Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 8Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 9Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- Dutch-based AkzoNobel management to be brought together in 2015
- Unique method creates correct mirror image of molecule
- Oxea delivers first carboxylic acids produced at its new plant
- ECHA calls for comments on etridiazole's reproductive toxicity and carcinoge ...
- New method for producing clean hydrogen