To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Knoll becomes Abbott
26-11-2001: Entry in the Commercial Register on November 22 makes it
official. As of today there is one Abbott affiliate in Germany with
two sites: Ludwigshafen and Wiesbaden/Delkenheim. The name
of the new company - entered in the Commercial Register in
Wiesbaden - is Abbott GmbH & Co. KG.
Having undergone a re-structuring process, Abbott GmbH, Wiesbaden/Delkenheim, Knoll GmbH, Ludwigshafen, and Knoll Deutschland GmbH, Ludwigshafen, are now merging to form a new company. The company structure will remain largely unchanged at the Delkenheim site. The name "Knoll" will continue to be used as a trademark for most of the Knoll product range. The new company has a workforce of more than 3,450 employees, of which 1,800 are Ludwigshafen-based.
Abbott GmbH & Co. KG will be run by five managers who will be responsible for the following operating divisions: Robert B. Hance, Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) - Vice President, Diagnostic Operations, Europe, Middle East and Africa, responsible for all activities of the Diagnostics Division in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Dr. Heinz Kipper, Abbott International (AI) - General Manager, Commercial Operations AI, responsible for the Pharmaceutical, Hospital and Nutritional Products business. Dr. Kamlesh Kumar, Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) - General Manager ADD, responsible for the Diagnostics business in Germany and Austria. Dr. Steffen Röllinger, Abbott Laboratories, Global Pharmaceutical Research Development (GPRD) - Divisional Vice President Ludwigshafen R & D Operations, responsible for the coordination of Research and Development in Ludwigshafen. Dr. Dieter Wagner, Abbott International (AI) - Divisional Vice President German Operations, is in charge of the Ludwigshafen site and also assumes the role of Executive for Labor Relations at Abbott GmbH & Co. KG.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fernox
- 2Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 8Thermo Nicolet: New OMNIC® 6.0 Software Introduced
- 9Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 10Allegra® Launched in Japan