To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
H.B. Fuller Announces Opening of Asia Pacific Technology Center
17-02-2009: H.B. Fuller Company announced the opening of its regional technical center in Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, China. The new lab, part of the company’s five-year strategic plan, will promote in-market innovation and customer intimacy in the Asia Pacific region. This is the company’s first regional technical center in Asia Pacific, and will house research and development, applications testing, sales and regional leadership.
“Opening our first regional technical center reaffirms our commitment to the Asia-Pacific region,” said Michele Volpi, president and chief executive officer of H.B. Fuller. “The lab is also the freshest example of H.B. Fuller’s deep dedication to our philosophy of customer intimacy. To be an effective partner, we are bringing sources of innovation closer to our customers’ doorstep and dramatically shortening their value chain.”
H.B. Fuller’s regional technical center will focus on next-generation adhesive applications, helping the company promote product development and localization of initiatives in a variety of key market segments, ranging from insulating glass, packaging and nonwovens and fiberglass sizing and binding, to footwear and textiles, lean flooring and reverse-osmosis filtration.
“Extending our presence in China is a smart venture for H.B. Fuller because it is an investment in the success of our customers,” added Kevin Gilligan, vice president for the Asia Pacific region for H.B. Fuller. “Our products often lie at the heart of our customers’ manufacturing processes and we now have a unique opportunity to help them improve those processes, enhance their efficiency and help them produce better products. We will continue to progress in this region by breaking ground on our previously announced manufacturing facility in 2009. That facility, combined with the research and development capabilities that we launch today, will enable us to comprehensively serve our customers’ needs in this region.”
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 5Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 6Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 9Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 10Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers