To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
DuPont Signs Agreement to Develop Electronic Materials
DuPont conducts research at its Semiconductor Materials Technical Center in Taiwan
09-03-2009: In an effort to develop new semiconductor packaging technologies, DuPont Wafer Level Packaging Solutions, part of DuPont Electronic Technologies, has signed a joint-development agreement with Nippon Kayaku Co. Ltd. (NKC) and its wholly owned subsidiary, MicroChem Corp. Wafer level packaging refers to the technology of packaging an integrated circuit at wafer level, instead of the traditional process of assembling the package of each individual unit after wafer dicing.
The electronic materials developed under the agreement will be new advanced photodefinable epoxy-based materials. They will be directed at wafer level packaging, 3D and through-silicon via (TSV) semiconductor packaging applications that are transforming electronics to make them smaller, lighter weight, more functional and more cost-effective.
“Combining the expertise of Nippon Kayaku and MicroChem in advanced epoxy resins and formulation, with DuPont coating technology, material science and electronic applications knowledge means that we can generate a series of enabling materials faster,” said Mats Ehlin, global business manager, DuPont Wafer Level Packaging Solutions. “We’re excited about this opportunity to further expand our offering and strengthen our ability to help customers meet their needs for improved performance, form factor and reduced cost.”
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 3LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 4Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 5Putting electronic cigarettes to the test
- 6Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 7Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive
- 8Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants
- 9Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 10Fluor Corporation's Henry Kister Honored by Chemical Engineering Magazine
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- International consortium develops dye-sensitized solar cells
- BASF plans production of butanediol from renewable feedstock using Genomatic ...
- BASF and PETRONAS Chemicals Group to build an aroma ingredients complex in K ...
- Dow Corning appoints BCD Chemie as master distributor for their silanes