FT4 Powder Rheometer – Universal Powder Tester
Aeration Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
Shear Cell Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
Compressibility & Permeability Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
Wall Friction Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
The FT4 Powder Rheometer® - a universal powder tester for measuring powder flow properties and powder behaviour.
The FT4 was designed with one purpose in mind - to characterise the rheology, or flow properties, of powders. This remains a primary function today, but the instrument, accessories and methodologies have been continuously developed to the point where the FT4 is now considered a universal powder tester.
It differs from other powder testers in many ways but when assessing industrial value, three features are critical:
- The ability to simulate powder processing conditions, by testing samples in consolidated, moderately stressed, aerated or fluidised state.
- The application of multi-faceted powder characterisation to assess dynamic flow, bulk and shear properties to construct the most comprehensive understanding of how a powder behaves.
- Unparalleled sensitivity, enabling the differentiation of powders that other testers classify as identical.
- Fully automated test programs and data analysis
- Conditioning mode provides unparalleled repeatability
- Range of sample size, 10ml to 160ml (in addition a 1ml Shear Cell can be selected for limited sample size)
The FT4 is a truly universal powder tester, with four categories of methodologies, defined as Bulk, Dynamic Flow, Shear (in accordance with ASTM D7891) and Process.
The FT4 has application in all powder processing industries, including Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Food, Cosmetics, Toners, Metals, Ceramics, Plastics, Powder Coatings, Cements and Additive Manufacturing. Applications extend to:
- Die/Capsule Filling
- Tablet Compression
- Hopper Flow / Hopper Design
- Wet Granulation End Point & Scale Up
- Dry Powder Inhalers
- And many more.
Request information now or download our brochure.
We are happy to answer your questions by phone at +44 1684 498 007