To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
New PVB Material for High Temperatures with Optimized Rheology
Ideal for highest quality and minimized material use for industrial coating processes
At the European Coatings Show from March 19-21, 2019, in Nuremberg, Kuraray will present a new material based on Mowital® polyvinyl butyrals (PVB). Polyvinyl acetal BA 55 HH features a unique rheology and viscosity, which gives coatings and paints very smooth flow properties, ensuring higher quality and minimized material use for industrial coating processes, such as curtain coating.
Temperature-resistant – for stoving enamels and heat-sealable lacquers
BA 55 HH features an up to 40 percent higher glass transition temperature (Tg) compared with similar materials on the market. This makes the PVB material perfect for applications with high processing temperatures starting at 200 degrees Celsius – for example as a binding agent for stoving enamels and heat-sealable lacquers or thermoplastic glues.
With BA 55 HH, Kuraray is expanding its unique portfolio. Under the Mowital® brand, the specialized chemical manufacturer offers PVB materials with technical and chemical properties that are ideally tailored to a wide range of applications, from printing inks to adhesive systems.
Characteristics of polyvinyl butyrals:
- Enormous number of applications
- Indispensable component of prepregs and composites
- Improved flexibility and good adhesion on different substrates
- Prevents rusting of steel as a component of corrosion protection primers
- Excellent surface adhesion
- Superior flow and pigment wetting properties
If you have any questions or need a quote request information now!
- 1Supercritical CO2 Extraction Systems for Analysis and R&D
- 2The Standard for Lab Charge Measurement: Mütek PCD-05 Particle Charge Detector
- 3Particle Size and Particle Size Distribution in Laboratory and Process from below 0.1 to 8,750 µm
- 4Chromimage®Scanner (UV/Visible)
- 5Automated Laboratory Reactors for More Safety, Efficiency and Cost-effectiveness
- 6Analysis of Particle Size and Particle Shape in Laboratory and Process from below 1 µm to 34,000 µm
- 7Flexible Modular Plant Systems for the Process Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 8Precise particle analysis even in extreme temperature and pressure ranges
- 9Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology
- 10Look up Industrial Syntheses of 2,600 APIs