To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Agglomerate-free drying of super fine powders in the nanometer to micrometer particle size range
The compact Media Slurry Dryerby NARA Machinery Co., Ltd.
With the Media Slurry Dryer you can gain finest powder in nano- or micrometer range out of a suspension or solution. The drying takes place without agglomeration in one step.
The MSD is distinguished by three important features: A very good heat transfer, a large surface for drying and no agglomeration. Due to the first two features the dryer can be build very small. And because of lack of agglomeration a following grinding is not necessary, because origin and product particle do have the same Range (dimension). Successfully dried substances are e.g. emulsion plastic material, colouring agent, pigment and drugs of pharmacy.
The compact construction, the big surface of the media beads and the generated fluidized bed provide a very good heating- and mass transfer. In just one step a fast and efficient drying is achieved. In comparison to a conventional spray dryer the Media Slurry Dryer – at the same amount of evaporation- can be build 20% smaller and needs 30% less amount of hot gas!
Principle of the Media Slurry Dryer: Media beads are moved into a fluidized air by blown in hot air perforated plate. In this bed a suspension is supplied. Due to the swirling particles the suspension will disperse and remain on the particles as steam. The solid evaporates and the end product is discharged and collected automatically as dried powder.
Examples of Use:
- Anorganic Materials: Alumina, Zirconia, Barium Sulfate, Barium Titanate, Calcium Carbonate, Carbon black, Ferrite, Bentonite, Glass powder, Titan oxide, Kaolin
- Organic Materials: Emulsion resin, Dyes, Pigments, Pharmaceuticals, Surface activator, Animal blood, etc.
- Agglomerate-free dry products out of suspensions or solution
- Identical range of particles out of products and educts
- Optimal use of heat
- Minimal afford of maintenance
- Compact drying plant
- Operation in a closed circuit
The Media slurry Dryer is available from especially for research and development designed model MSD 100 to model 1500 with a cross-section of the fluidization of 1,77m².
The media Slurry Dryer is also available as a closed system. Dangerous liquids with e.g. inflammable solvents, which can lead to dust explosion, can be treated safely in this closed system.
This is where you can add this product to your personal favourites
- 1PHAZIR Rx: Handheld NIR Raw Material Analyzer
- 2Automated Hydrolysis System cuts cost of fat determination thanks to full automation of laborious sample preparation
- 3HELOS: Particle Size Analysis from 0.1 µm to 8,750 µm with up to 217 measuring points
- 4Discover SP-D - Pressurized Microwave Digestion System
- 5State-of-the-art sample preparation for analytical laboratories. Safe, quick and efficient
- 6Chromimage®Scanner (UV/Visible)
- 7Fully Programmable Extraction System
- 8More flexibility and diversity! - High Pressure Reactors, Customized Reactors and Test Autoclaves
- 9QICPIC: Particle Shape and Particle Size
- 10New Spectra of Polymers, Essential Oils and Petrochemicals!