To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Safer handling of polyurethane
The new KRAL pump series L
Large quantities of raw materials are often processed during the production of PUR products. Usually the raw materials are made available in very large tank farms that are unpressurized.
In order to be processed further within the production plant, the raw materials have to be transported from the tank to the plant. Metering plants and tanks are often located at considerable distance from each other.
KRAL pumps are excellently suited to transporting the raw materials. In order not to damage long polymer chains gear pumps have to be operated at low rotational speeds.
A screw pump pumps the liquid product-conserving, quietly, with low pulsation and with high output density. KRAL screw pumps do not have to be designed larger - they remain compact and inexpensive.
The L-series with magnetic coupling.
Polyol is highly viscous at low temperatures. In special applications fillers are added to the polyol component. Fillers influence the physical properties such as, for example, the sturdiness and electrical conductivity of the PUR products. In order to avoid the risk of damage to the mechanical seals through abrasive fillers, the only solution is to do completely without pumps having a mechanical seal.
The L pumps with hermetically-sealed magnetic couplings are conceived so that they can be designed with hardened screws and screw casings for a wide variety of fillers. The lack of a mechanical seals avoids heat reactions caused by friction at the rotary ring surfaces. Increased leakage through damaged sealing surfaces at the mechanical seal is a thing of the past - polyol and isocyanate do not come into contact with the atmosphere.
For further information please visit our product website, download our product brochure or get in contact with us!
- 1Chromimage®Scanner (UV/Visible)
- 2PHAZIR Rx: Handheld NIR Raw Material Analyzer
- 3New Spectra of Polymers, Essential Oils and Petrochemicals!
- 4Discover SP-D - Pressurized Microwave Digestion System
- 5Chemical 3D Imaging with Raman: ultrasensitive & fast, 200 nm resolution, upgradeable to AFM
- 6New ATP Test for the Industrial Microbiology
- 7Automated Hydrolysis System cuts cost of fat determination thanks to full automation of laborious sample preparation
- 8Rapid and reliable analysis of TOC and TN with Skalars FORMACS/PRIMACSSERIES
- 9EMSURE® for analysis: Inorganic reagents and solvents for high-demanding lab applications
- 10Innovative system for microwave digestion