FT4 Powder Rheometer – Universal Powder Tester
Aeration Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
Shear Cell Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
Compressibility & Permeability Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
Wall Friction Testing with the FT4 Powder Rheometer
In powder processing, analytical data is a primary driver of progress towards better products and more efficient manufacturing practice. Instruments that deliver novel, unique and relevant information enable an enhanced understanding of powder behaviour making it possible to solve problems, potentially transforming profitability. For nearly twenty years, Freeman Technology has learned about some of the most demanding challenges experienced in industry. The FT4 Powder Rheometer®, a universal powder tester, was designed to characterise powder flow properties and powder behaviour. The instrument, accessories and methodologies have been continuously developed to the point where the FT4 is now considered a universal powder tester.
The instrument differs from other powder testers in many ways but when assessing industrial value, three features are critical:
- The ability to simulate powder processing conditions, by testing samples in consolidated, moderately stressed, aerated or fluidised state.
- The application of multi-faceted powder characterisation to assess dynamic flow, bulk and shear properties to construct the most comprehensive understanding of how a powder behaves.
- Unparalleled sensitivity, enabling the differentiation of powders that other testers classify as identical.
The FT4 is configured to measure dynamic powder flow properties, shear properties and wall friction angle (in accordance with ASTM D7891), as well as accessories for measuring bulk density, permeability and compressibility.
- Fully automated test programs and data analysis
- Conditioning mode provides unparalleled repeatability
- Range of sample size, 10ml to 160ml (in addition a 1ml Shear Cell can be selected for limited sample size)
- To manufacture premium product
- To accelerate R&D
- To solve processing problems
- To select the best equipment
- To optimise raw material supply
The FT4 was conceived specifically as a dedicated, universal powder tester to enable powder processors to generate data to help solve industrial problems.
The FT4 has application in all powder processing industries, including Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Food, Cosmetics, Toners, Metals, Ceramics, Plastics, Powder Coatings, Cements and Additive Manufacturing. Applications extend to:
- Die/Capsule Filling
- Tablet Compression
- Hopper Flow / Hopper Design
- Wet Granulation End Point & Scale Up
- Dry Powder Inhalers
- And many more.
Request information now or download our brochure.
We are happy to answer your questions by phone at +44 1684 498 007