Elix® Advantage has been designed to deliver the highest pure water quality for your regular laboratory applications and instrument feed. With over 20 years of proven success, Elix® is suited to every user’s needs in today’s demanding laboratory environment. Elix® water quality is ideal for the preparation of reagents and buffers, for microbiology media or histology. It is also the best feed for all Milli-Q® ultrapure systems, as well as instruments such as glassware washers, autoclaves, hydrogen generators.
Elix® Advantage produces pure, Type 2 water from potable water. It features two separate and distinct components:
- The production unit – compact, it can be placed wherever it best suits you.
- The E-POD®, Elix®-Point-Of-Delivery unit – convenient and always within reach, it brings pure, bacteria-free water at 2 L/min right where you need it.
To reach the most reliable pure water quality, Elix® is built on an optimized purification sequence:
Tap water first enters the Progard® pretreatment cartridge which efficiently removes particles & colloids, free chlorine and hardness before reverse osmosis (RO) purification. Elix® Advantage benefits from intelligent RO technology. This controls water consumption, ensures a constant product flow rate and optimal water quality. All prolong the lifetime of the RO membrane and downstream purification technologies. Depending on daily volume needs, different production flow rates are available (3, 5, 10 & 15 L/h).
The patented Elix® module further removes ions to typically reach 15 MΩ•cm (at 25°C) resistivity. All Elix® systems are equipped with the best-in-class Elix® electrodeionization technology. It provides:
- Superior and consistent Type 2 water quality – “Superior”, as resin beads are not degraded by exposure to harsh regeneration chemicals. “Consistent”, as the continuous regeneration avoids the drawbacks of quality variations from resin exhaustion.
- Cost & labor savings – Elix® module contains special carbon beads at its cathode therefore, does not require water softening. Its self-regeneration technology avoids the hassle and costs around DI cartridge replacement. Elix® is “green” consuming low energy with a small carbon footprint.
- Long lasting technology – thanks to its proven design, the module continuously regenerates its resin beads without the need for any maintenance.