To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
high sensitivity and equimolar response for calibration without primary reference standard
robust technique, almost maintenance-free
for per-/polyfluorinated analytes (PFAS), brominated flame retardants, S-containing pesticides/fuels
quantify halogens (F, Cl, Br, I) and sulfur even more sensitively and easily
The GC detector EPED (Echelle Plasma Emission Detector) is an element-specific detector with high sensitivity and selectivity for sulphur and the halogens chlorine, bromine, fluorine and iodine. It combines a long term stable pulsing plasma cell with a high resolution Echelle spectrometer. Compared to the also element-specific AED (atomic emission detector), the detection limits are lower by a factor of 5 - 10 (detection limits in pg/s: S 0.33, F 3.0, Cl 0.9, Br < 4, I < 1). The low-maintenance detector shows good reproducibility and good linearity over a wide concentration range (3 - 4 decades). The advantage of the EPED over a mass spectrometric detector is the equimolar response of the Echelle spectrometer, making quantitation of samples without standards possible as you need just one standard per element for calibration. Fields of application are the currently very up-to-date PFAS analysis (per- and polyfluorinated alkyl substances), the analysis of brominated flame retardants as well as sulfur containing pesticides, the sulfur content of gasoline and diesel, and many more.
SIM offers you the best specialist counselling and unique solutions that go far beyond what is available on the market elsewhere. The "Scientific Instruments Manufacturer" SIM is the specialist for custom-made chromatography systems. SIM serves the high-end range of gas and liquid chromato ... more
- 1Supelco - Certified Reference Materials & Analytical Standards
- 2Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 3The Standard for Lab Charge Measurement: Mütek PCD-06 Particle Charge Detector
- 4Flexible Modular Plant Systems for the Process Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 5NEXT GENERATION CHROMATOGRAPHY - The NGC Chromatography Platform
- 6Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 7A true all-rounder and innovative multi-component gas analyzer
- 8Supercritical CO2 Extraction Systems for Analysis and R&D
- 9LC-ICP-MS Is the Key to the World of Elemental Species
- 10Spectra and more for your analytical lab!