High-pressure extraction of analytes and active substances is achieved using supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) instead of an organic solvent. Key benefits: It's safe, no-toxic, environmentally friendly and cost-effective, characterized by a low viscosity, best permeability and ahigh diffusibility and solubility.
These robust SFE (Supercritical Fluid Extraction) systems, now at the leading edge of “green equipment technology”, are usable in laboratory scale even for process development. Equipped with a multitude of flexible functions, they are very simple to operate. The systems are fast and productive, saving you, the user, time and costs.
The systems are used in processes such as phytoextraction, degreasing, decaffeination, extraction of oilseeds, spices and flavorings. Numerous applications are available.
The Advantages of SFE Extraction at a glance:
- Residue-free, dry products, concentrates and substances
- Mild treatment of temperature-sensitive samples
- Selective separation of substances by variation of temperature and pressure
- Aroma-preserving extraction of natural materials
- Simple recovery of the extraction medium
One Can Find Supercritical Fluids Being Used in a Number of Applications, Like:
- Extraction of natural products and aromas. Extraction from food, fats and polymers
- Treatment of biopolymers
- Sample preparation, f.i. for GC/MS analytics
- Cleaning of electronic components, molded metal parts (MIM) and medical implants
- Drying of aerogels and archaeological artifacts
- Dying and impregnation
- Production of nanoparticles
SFE Systems for Process Development
These modular SFE-Extraction systems allow the user to make modifications more easily during process development.
All modules can be ordered together as a complete system or separately for integration into existing systems. The basic system allows you to carry out separation and extraction as well as the production of e.g. nanoparticles. One task one day, another the next, productively, effectively, economically.
The modules can be specifically configured for various supercritical processes.