To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Affordable and Quick Identification and Quantification with NIR Analytics
Finder SD with Scanning-Grating-Technology and Validated Pharmaceutical or Individual Library
The analyser Finder SD with sample
The analyser Finder SD with sample jar holder
The core of the Finder SD: the scanning-grating-spectrometer SGS1900
Qualitative and quantitative analysis with near-infrared-spectroscopy (NIRS) offer various benefits:
- No sample preparation, non-contact and non-destructive
- Fast, simple and automated
- Reproducible & reliable
- High penetration depth due to relatively low absorption coefficient of organic substances in the NIR
- Low cost of analysis
The traditional high cost of instrumentation has prevented the wider use and growth of NIR spectroscopy. The Finder SD system makes NIRS affordable and therefore accessible to everyone.
Application examples are:
- Identification and quantitative analysis of organic substances e. g.:
- cereals (content of water, protein and starch)
- fat content in foods
- water content in emulsions
- Identification of pharmaceutical raw materials (validated API & excipient library according to European Pharmacopeia is available)
- Measurement of layer thicknesses, e. g. with paints
- Identification of plastics, e. g. in recycling
Finder SD is compatible with the SensoLogic Suite which may be used for creating secure chemometric models and for validation purposes. Additionally, HiperScan provides service in chemometrics. As a result of reproducible data collection, drift free operation and optimised chemometrics, Finder SD provides accurate quantitative as well as qualitative measurements.
The reproducible and stable data collection is enabled by these unique specifications:
- Patented Scanning-Grating-Technology: Conventional NIR spectrometers use diode array detectors which are quite expensive and non-uniform. The innovative micro-opto-mechanical microchip (MEMS) in the Finder SD uses a single detector which results in uniform characteristics over the entire spectral range. This in turn facilitates transferable chemometric models that provide the same results on all systems.
- Use of an integrated stabilised light source: After switch-on, the tungsten halogen light sources are stabilized, therefore the emitted spectrum of the light sources and their intensity distribution are then sufficiently constant.
- Thanks to complete thermal stabilisation temperature variations do not affect the accurateness of repeated measurements negatively. This way, the typical accuracy of the measurement results is increased by a factor of 3.
- Internal calibration using NIST wavelength standards adjust the wavelength axis exactly between each measurement.
- As an internal white standard high-purity PTFE is used.
- Built-in filters in the light path keep the sample of too much light and thermal emission.
- Measuring principle: Measurements of solids are performed in diffuse reflection, liquids are measured in transflection using a transflectance inset.
More key benefits of Finder SD at a glance:
- Wide spectral range covering 1000 – 1900 nm provides more analytical data than most designs
- Fast scanning 150 scan/sec for a six second analysis time
- Easy clean – no carryover
- Robust and dustproof for use outside laboratories
We are happy to answer your questions by phone at +49 (0)351 / 85078280
- 1Supercritical CO2 Extraction Systems for Analysis and R&D
- 2The Standard for Lab Charge Measurement: Mütek PCD-05 Particle Charge Detector
- 3Chromimage®Scanner (UV/Visible)
- 4Particle Size and Particle Size Distribution in Laboratory and Process from below 0.1 to 8,750 µm
- 5Automated Laboratory Reactors for More Safety, Efficiency and Cost-effectiveness
- 6Analysis of Particle Size and Particle Shape in Laboratory and Process from below 1 µm to 34,000 µm
- 7Precise particle analysis even in extreme temperature and pressure ranges
- 8Flexible Modular Plant Systems for the Process Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 9Bettersizer S3 Plus - Particle Size and Shape Analysis from 10 nm to 3500 µm
- 10Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology