To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
New Pre-Packed IEX Columns for Small-Scale Preparation Purification and Process Development
Unique Selectivities for Improved Purity
The optimized pre-packed Bio-Works OptioBio™ glass columns from Uppsala, Sweden are designed for small-scale preparation purification as well as screening and optimization in bioprocess development and scale-up.
- OptioBio 40S 10×100
- OptioBio 40Q 10×100
The OptioBio 40S 10x100 and OptioBio 40Q 10x100 columns are prepacked with WorkBeads™ 40S and WorkBeads 40Q resins for ion exchange chromatography. The column volume is 7.9 ml with 10 mm i.d. and 100 mm bed height. The column is made from borosilicate glass. The top and bottom filters are polyethylene and the adaptors are PEEK. The ready-to-use glass columns are delivered with plugs in the inlet and outlet for storage. These columns can easily be connected to a pump or chromatography system, e.g. ÄKTA™ system using finger tight fittings.
These resins are designed for both research and industrial scale purification of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, and utilise the difference in the target molecular surface charge. WorkBeads 40S is a strong cation exchange resin with sulfonate ligands, and WorkBeads 40Q is a strong anion exchange resin with quaternary amine ligands.
These resins facilitate high-resolution separations at low backpressure making them excellent for both capture and polishing purification applications.
- Prepacked for reliable and reproducible results.
- The ideal choice for high performance small-scale purification and method optimization in bioprocess development
- Glass columns allow for easy checking and control of the packed bed performance
- High throughput, high purity and high binding capacity
The resolution of the prepacked OptioBio 40S 10 x 100 column were compared with the HiScreen Capto SP ImpRes column from GE Healthcare. A protein mixture was separated under the same conditions and with the same sample load per ml resin and linear flow rate.
These OptioBio IEX columns are just a small part of Bio-Works product portfolio for purification of proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides and other biomolecules. WorkBeads are, except from IEX, also available immobilized with Protein A, as IMAC resins with NTA and IDA ligands pre-charged with Ni2+, Co2+, Cu2+ and Zn2+ and with the TREN ligand having a unique selectivity. A range of size exclusion resins covering a broad molecular range are also included in the product portfolio. All WorkBead resins are available in multiple pack sizes and in most cases as prepacked BabyBio™ 1 ml and 5 ml columns.
More information on these products:
nucleic acid purification
- 1The Standard for Lab Charge Measurement: Mütek PCD-05 Particle Charge Detector
- 2Seperation Problems? Find and Compare Online 90.000 HPLC-Columns by over 20 Manufacturers
- 32mag – Innovative Magnetic Stirrers – 100% Wear-Free
- 4Ultrasonic Flow Meter for Very Small Flow Rates
- 5Flexible Modular Plant Systems for the Process Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 6Look up Industrial Syntheses of 2,600 APIs
- 7Chromimage®Scanner (UV/Visible)
- 8Supercritical CO2 Extraction Systems for Analysis and R&D
- 9Analysis of particle size and particle shape in laboratory and process from below 1 µm to 34,000 µm
- 10Particle size distribution? Keep it simple! Compact laser particle size analyzer with extra wide measuring range