To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
The documented history of Royal Dutch Shell plc in Indo_Pakistan subcontinent dates back to 1903 when partnership was struck between The Shell Transport & Trading Company and the Royal Dutch Petroleum Company to supply petroleum to Asia.
Additional recommended knowledge
In 1928, to enhance their distribution capabilities, the marketing interest of Royal Dutch Shell plc and the Burmah Oil Company Limited in India were merged and Burmah Shell Oil Storage & Distribution company of India was born. After the independence of Pakistan in 1947, the name was changed to the Burmah Shell Oil Distribution Company of Pakistan. In 1970, when 51% of the shareholding was transferred to Pakistani investors, the name of changed to Pakistan Burmah Shell Limited (PBS). The Shell and the Burmah Groups, retained the remaining 49% in equal propostions. In February 1993, as economic liberalisation began to take root and the Burmah divested from PBS, Shell Petroleum stepped into raise its stake to 51%. The years 2001-2 have seen the Shell Petroleum Company successively increasing its share, with the Group now having a 76% stake in Shell Pakistan Limited (SPL).
In 2006/7 the profit after tax of Shell Pakistan Limited plunged by 77 percent compared with the previous year.
Chairman and CEO Shell Pakistan Limited Zaiviji Ismail Bin Abdullah was reported to have said that “the cash flow constraints resulting from overdue government receivables is the greatest challenge faced by the company. The timely recovery of these receivables is paramount to sustaining the viability of this company” The market share of Shell Pakistan Limited dropped to 14 percent from 18 percent in the year . 
|This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Shell_Pakistan". A list of authors is available in Wikipedia.|