| — Color coordinates —
| Hex triplet
|| (r, g, b)
|| (64, 130, 109)
|| (h, s, v)
|| (113°, 87%, 97%)
|| BF2S Color Guide
| B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)|
Viridian is a blue-green pigment, a hydrated chromium(III) oxide, of medium saturation and relatively dark in value. It is composed more of green than blue. Actually, it is a dark shade of spring green, the color between green and cyan on the color wheel. Viridian takes its name from the Latin viridis, meaning "green".
Additional recommended knowledge
The first recorded use of viridian as a color name in English was in the 1860s (exact year uncertain). 
Viridian in human culture
Although viridian is a less-used color name in English, it is used in a number of cultural references.
- In the million-seller 6th Tomb Raider instalment, Tomb Raider: Legend. Viridian is the color of a book used in the riddle/puzzle in the Croft Manor level. Lara Croft reads the tablet: "Within the Hall of Knowledge, Tomes of Cerulean, Topaz, Viridian, and Crimson in turn reveal their Arcanum."
- A once sanctioned alliance in the online game CyberNations was named "Viridian Entente". It was disbanded but has since reformed.
- Viridian is used as the name of a city in Pokémon Red and Blue.
- In the MMORPG Puzzle Pirates, the Ocean/Server 'Viridian' is one of the game's 'Doubloon Oceans', which is a free-to-play server supported by in-game and online Doubloon purchases.
- A popular online game, the Viridian Room, is a classic escape-the-room adventure in the Crimson Room series.
- The RPG Knights of the Old Republic II allowed the player to create a lightsaber that was viridian in color; however, the game describes viridian as being a mix of green and silver, rather than green and blue.
- Viridian was chosen as the codename for Microsoft's Windows Server Virtualization initiative.
- The viridian design movement is a popular design movement based on a bright green environmentalism philosophy.
- Viridian (spelled Veridian, however) is a planetary system in the movie Star Trek Generations.
- In the film Beetlejuice, Otho recommends this color when he gives Delia advice on redecorating her new house, even noting the color's full chemical name.
- Viridian is the name of a brand of green laser sights manufactured by Laser Aiming Systems Corporation of Burnsville, Minnesota.
- In the anime series Pokémon, Viridian is the name of one of the cities of Kanto.
- Viridian was the signature color of the world famous BBC Two identity from 1991 to 2001.
- ^ Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 206; Color Sample of Viridian: Page 93 Plate 79 Color Sample K11
- ^ http://www.LaserAimingSystems.com
- ^  Lambie-Nairn.com - "Our Work" Archive - BBC Two (See p5)
| Alice blue
|| Baby blue
|| Bondi blue
|| Cyan (process)
|| Electric blue
|| Pine green
|| Robin egg blue