To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.chemeurope.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
VWR International, LLC Agreed to Acquire the Business of Anachemia Canada Inc.
VWR Increases its Mining Industry and Chemical Portfolio
20-04-2011: VWR International, LLC announced that it agreed to acquire the business of Anachemia Canada Inc. and its affiliates, pending customary closing conditions.
Based in Montreal, Anachemia is an industry leader for the sale and distribution of chemicals, laboratory supplies and equipment in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and Mexico. In addition, Anachemia exports certain products around the world. Anachemia has provided products and services to the research, environmental, industrial and mining industries since 1942.
"VWR's acquisition of Anachemia strengthens our position in Canada and accelerates our expansion into South America. In addition, this acquisition will enhance VWR's product portfolio and provide access to new customer segments like the mining industry," stated Matt Malenfant, VWR's Senior Vice President and President of North America, Lab Business and Services. "We are excited to add Anachemia's complimentary business to VWR's global laboratory supply and distribution business."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Drew Industrial Division of Ashland Specialty Chemical Company purchases industrial water-treatment business of London-based Fer
- 2LG-DOW Polycarbonate Plant Starts Production in Korea to Effectively Meet Regional Needs
- 3Allegra® Launched in Japan
- 4Knoll AG: Pharma business sold for $6.9 billion:
- 5Caflon® surfactants from Univar as substitutes for banned nonylphenol ethoxylates
- 6Baytron P®– Gateway to a new generation of polymers
- 7Honeywell Appoints Terrence Hahn as Vice President and General Manager for Fluorine Products
- 8PETRONAS and Evonik Industries sign Letter of Intent for projects in Rapid Project
- 9Largest and most efficient BOPP line for Africa
- 10Plurafac LF 303 - Plurafac LF 305: The new generation of low-foam surfactants